Apple Snail gone wild!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
HOLY......

THATS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buff

Former Squid
Oct 5, 2010
The Hills of NW Georgia
Real Name
Buff
With garlic and butter, I bet it would taste nice... I'd love to have a cana, but I want plants in my tanks more. It is an impressive specimen! It could be a centerpiece in its own 5G...

Dita

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
With garlic and butter, I bet it would taste nice... I'd love to have a cana, but I want plants in my tanks more. It is an impressive specimen! It could be a centerpiece in its own 5G...
So funny that you say that... I went out today to price 5 and 10 gallon tanks to house him and a couple of tetras... I also love the planted tank... I now have a 'plant rehab' tank for regrowing the roots that Toby eats. I have lots of plants now, but he does eat them pretty quickly. The key is finding plants that taste yucky... sacrificing sword plants (apparently super yummy) and enticing with veggies lol. My tank has been deforested , but I think I'm getting the hang of keeping up with his appetite...sort of.

gavenkh

Esteban was eaten!
Mar 27, 2009
Near Cincinnati, Ohio
WOW! he is awesome! my last cana died a couple few weeks ago. i had it for over 3 years! they are my favorites... and i have many species of snails. sadly, the only pet store around here that sold canas is no longer in existence. i am actively seeking some new ones if anyone can help! :)

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
gorgeous cana!

i would suggest a 20 gallon for your snail buddy and a few fish friends. cana snails will grow to approximately softball size (and it looks like your guy is there already!), and they make a lot of waste, so you need a big enough tank to dilute the wastes between water changes.

i'd love to have a cana one day too, but out of my two tanks, one is planted and the other has an oscar that would play ping pong with a cana, lol!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Man, you have some small hands. :) That guy is huge.

MoonstruckMuse

AC Members
Mar 4, 2007
:) Wow, he looks like such a happy, awesome snail! Lots of character and a very devoted owner too - kudos to you for treating him so well!

He's absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing the photos. How fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store