AqauSoil Dependent

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
i thought the same, but after a long going attack of staghorn alage, i decided to add more K. i read some where that for plants to use P they need K, so i figured maybe more K will allow them to use all the P, after i started doing this bing bada boom no more staghorn, and massive growth in plants

tackful

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
Sausalito, CA
i thought the same, but after a long going attack of staghorn alage, i decided to add more K. i read some where that for plants to use P they need K, so i figured maybe more K will allow them to use all the P, after i started doing this bing bada boom no more staghorn, and massive growth in plants
That's very encouraging. I was getting desperate because I had run out of ideas, but that's the one thing I hadn't considered.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
It worked for. You just have to think outside the box

Sent from my C771 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
Now that I think about it, if low K was preventing N and P uptake, then the plants could be starving yet test results might still show seemingly adequate N & P levels. I had never dosed much K since I'd thought that enough was present in the KNO3 and KH2PO4.
See my analysis as to why if you dose KH2PO4 and KNO3, you should never be low on K+.
Sounds more like the issue if you did not dose enough or dose enough CO2.

Sediment may have nothing but correlation to do with it(as is often the case).

I have client's with nice tanks using EC as well as ADA AS.
If you move things around, rescape and do not want to replace the sediment, then EC works, so does Flourite black sand, I prefer that but cleaning it is a PITA. EC, no cleaning, but looks a bit tacky really.

Tack if you still live in Sau, let me know, I can stop by sometime, I use to live in Larkspur for 15 years and my sister still does.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store