Aquaclear intake tube "bubble"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
None of mine have that problem. When it has a bubble I lift the tube slightly or wiggle back and forth between full ans slow and it comes right out never to return. (well until the next cleaning.)

TechAquaria

AC Members
Sep 3, 2009
The bubble?

I'm running an Aquaclear 70 and though it self-primes reasonably well there is a "air bubble" at the top of the intake tube. (just at the bend before it enters the filter box). Everything is seated properly. Anyone else have this? Flow doesn't seem to be affected.
TIA
Andy
I have seen my AquaClears', 50 and smaller, form this bubble. Usually it is because there is something clogging the intake tube or the impeller has some detritus/organic-growth adhering to its' shaft and/or impeller vanes.

Perhaps you could take the filter apart and inspect the impeller assembly. I usually use a soft toothbrush to remove any matter adhering to it and then give it a few minutes soak in hydrogen peroxide before reassembling. Remember to also clean out the 'well' in which the shaft and impeller reside. I usually use a very small round brush for this, a Q-tip might be used for this.

Good luck.

Regards,
TA

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store