Aquarium diseases

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
View attachment 214871 this is the driftwood I got from the pet store years ago.I love these pieces but the water gets discolored light brown until I change the water. and also turns acidic. I put some coral and shells in to try and counter this but eventually level falls beck to the acidic end of the scale. i would hate to take the wood out, but thats half the problem, maby I just want all the things that dont go together in my fish tank. I will get some pictures of the fish.
Just to share with you I bought a. Driftwood few months back. Then read on web about preparing it. Had to keep it in hot water for 1 month minimum changing water early other day. Soon the concentration of tannis started decreasing. Then finally removed extra barks and smoothened it. Then moved it to aquarium. Now no more tannis releases.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
With that stocking level in a 55g, no weekly water changes and no specifics on your nitrate readings, I'd guess your nitrates are too high.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store