Aquariumboard.com

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
congratz on bringing the site back to life gk..

how come the . net though, and not the .com ?
Long story short... I couldn't get the nameserver delegation (think of it like an internet phone book) changed, so until they do my hands are tied until the domain expires or they (being the old owners) Change it.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Long story short... I couldn't get the nameserver delegation (think of it like an internet phone book) changed, so until they do my hands are tied until the domain expires or they (being the old owners) Change it.

I just went through that with the family business. Took a while, but we finally did a transfer request. It shouldn't be that hard, on the current owner's part. A couple of clicks, transferring over the site to you and a few days later it should belong to you . ..

Good luck GK.. Starting to look pretty good.

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
I just went through that with the family business. Took a while, but we finally did a transfer request. It shouldn't be that hard, on the current owner's part. A couple of clicks, transferring over the site to you and a few days later it should belong to you . ..

Good luck GK.. Starting to look pretty good.
It should be that easy.... but they have DomainsByProxy... Which prevents the Transfer of the names... they could cancel it... but i dont think they know how or are willing at this point... I'll send an Email in a week or so and see how it goes. I'd love to have the .com name too..

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I've signed up. I plan on doing some writing and I find it easier if I have a question to answer.

So what article or fish profile do you guys want me to write first? I'll consider any requests and work on it if I think I can do the subject justice.

beblondie

grand high exhalted poobah
Mar 25, 2005
So what article or fish profile do you guys want me to write first? I'll consider any requests and work on it if I think I can do the subject justice.[/quote]

the effects of lighting on fish behavior would be interesting
:read:
Evolution of Levers and Linkages in the Feeding Mechanisms of Fishes would be good too
:banher::banher:now:banher:​

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
So what article or fish profile do you guys want me to write first? I'll consider any requests and work on it if I think I can do the subject justice.

the effects of lighting on fish behavior would be interesting
:read:
Evolution of Levers and Linkages in the Feeding Mechanisms of Fishes would be good too
:banher::banher:now:banher:​

Hi beblondie

I'm not sure where to start on the first one. I may be able to include minor amounts of information on that topic in the individual fish profiles. Seeing that most keepers light the tank when it is best for them I'm not sure how much it would be relevant to fish keeping.

The second one I'm not touching. It would very quickly devolved into a philosophical discussion.

Right now I'm considering a profile for this fish since I have the photo

I could also do one on serpae, pristilla, Neon, or cardinal tetras, cherry barbs, zebra danios, chocolate or pearl gourami, ottocinclus species, Angelfish, or Variatus platys. I have studied up the tetra and livebearer groups as a whole so could more easily do profiles on them.

I can discuss cycling, stocking levels, easy care plant species, plant fertilization by EI, Washing flourite or other substrate, Tank stand building, Plant tank setup, ect

These are just what I can think of for potential topics, if you want to see an article done on something related I can research and create an article with bibliography. I will try to do bibliographies anyway but just saying.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store