aquascaping advice, opinions, or comments

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

z71silverado98

AC Members
Mar 8, 2005
Robert H said:
From a design standpoint it looks like everything is planted in a straight line. Just having two or three circular groups instead of a wall going across the tank would make it look more interesting.
its hard to see, but the anacharis towards the center is a large circle extending to the mid-ground, it forms sort of a cove on the right where the crypt is so fish can hide easily when being chased.

the anacharis behind the sword, however, is in a straightline, though, only to maximize anacharis production.

ill try and get some better pictures up, the tank is usually seen from a left angle as it is placed at the head of my bed.

mdbaskett

AC Members
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
the left front had a large red crypt a week ago to break up the green, but it melted
Crypts do that. If you leave them be and don't move them they usually come back even fuller. Then when the new foliage is in you can move it.

z71silverado98

AC Members
Mar 8, 2005
yea i know, thats why that spot is still bare, im waiting for it to pop back up instead of digging it out and planting something else.

i rearranged everything the other day, i kept in mind everyones advice and i rather like the new look. instead of moving that large crypt i put a clone in the mid center, however. ill take some pictures tonight and see what everyone thinks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store