Arapaima Pond Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
That is so cool so far! I would like to swim in it. lol

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
So.... a 10 thousand gallon pond/tanks combo.... *thinks for a sec* That could hold 10 thousand neon tetras! :) So is Mr. T going to have another Arapaima or be a loner? And are there going to be other smaller fish in this pond, or just monster sized fish?

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
So.... a 10 thousand gallon pond/tanks combo.... *thinks for a sec* That could hold 10 thousand neon tetras! :) So is Mr. T going to have another Arapaima or be a loner? And are there going to be other smaller fish in this pond, or just monster sized fish?
For sure an hybrid RTC I have at home, rest will be mostly local and big.. Not sure yet on most of it. See what comes across for reasonable price. I tend to buying fish by the gallon and see what survives Mr. T's catching skills. Survival of the fittest..lol

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Settling Tank settled for now. Water holds and I'm washing in some more sand to support the bottom.
Second Dome is in the water. Fixed the connection for the diffuser. Waiting a bit for it to dry.
After lunch we can start filling up more.
Just looking forward to finally clean the mess around the pond and see it all done.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
where'd you find that leak?

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
The leak was between the PVC elbow and the flange under the tank.
Elbow is 4" and the flange 3"... The other tank I did myself and no leak there. But this one, my friend did to fast and there where some holes in there.
Solved it with Silicone.

There's still leaks around where the two antenna's are screwed together, but waiting a bit to see if that settles with dirt.

If not, silicone again.

Water level at the 2nd drain is now at 19.5cm, after 3 hours of filling today.
Guess I might get another 2-3 cm today but that's it.
Nowhere close to 50-70% full, but alas, tap is not giving it faster.

Filling up very smooth and nice, no big folds or anything.
Amazing amount of space, I'm sure Mr.T. will go nuts when he starts sniffing around.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Must say, cleaning the settling tank is amazing. Quite some dirt and sand from installing it. But filled it up 2/3 with water, then opened the bottom-valve and all comes out in 4-5 seconds...very efficient and fast.
Can't wait to see that working with the pump, bog and bottom-drains.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Fills about 3cm p/hr, so will take another 2 to 3 days to get it full.
Tomorrow first check and then wait for temp pond to get cleaned. After that start filling again.maybe get to 40-45cm tomorrow. Let's see.
So far everything nicely settles without any big folds. Just can't wait for it full.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store