Are my fish cold

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Nino- sorry for this, but this is going to be brutal honesty... you need to research (Google rocks) the fish you have. I doubt they're cold, I think they're stressed. Max size of the fish and proper groupings are important things to consider.

and btw... :welcome: to AC!

WeezyNino23

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
Nino- sorry for this, but this is going to be brutal honesty... you need to research (Google rocks) the fish you have. I doubt they're cold, I think they're stressed. Max size of the fish and proper groupings are important things to consider.

They are all about the same size give or take 1/2 and inch. except for the pleco so i dont think thats it. and plus he chills in my drift wood all day anyway.

leeser28

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Croton-on-Hudson, NY

I have to agree. Some plecos can get really huge and need very large aquariums (much larger than 22 gallons). If you could get a picture we could help you find out what kind he is. Several of the fish (like the tetras) are schooling fish and do much better and are happier when they have several more of their own kind to school with. I also asked before, do you know how to cycle your new tank?

leeser28

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
They are all about the same size give or take 1/2 and inch. except for the pleco so i dont think thats it. and plus he chills in my drift wood all day anyway.
I think what HookedNoobie was getting at is that the combination of fish you have may not be the best for the fish, this is not related to the swimming near the filter. Aldo, fish grow. My Plecos been growing for 6 years, and is still growing.Are your frogs dwarf or not. Because they'll get to be a good size too, which means that even a 22 gallon will not be big enough to have this collection and for them to be healthy and happy.

WeezyNino23

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
I have to agree. Some plecos can get really huge and need very large aquariums (much larger than 22 gallons). If you could get a picture we could help you find out what kind he is. Several of the fish (like the tetras) are schooling fish and do much better and are happier when they have several more of their own kind to school with. I also asked before, do you know how to cycle your new tank?
Yea i know how ive done it many a time to numerous tanks.
http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?familyid=101096&Ntt=pleco&OneResultRedirect=1

And yes my frog is Dwarf.

leeser28

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
Yea i know how ive done it many a time to numerous tanks.
http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?familyid=101096&Ntt=pleco&OneResultRedirect=1

And yes my frog is Dwarf.
Your Pleco is a common Pleco and he should grow to 18-24 inches long. I get really annoyed that so many fish places sell these and do not warn people that if they will eventually need to be in a large (like greater than 55 gallon) tank. I guess they figure that they just die off before that happens so they don't care - makes me very angry. This is something you need to think about though. There is a really great forum on this site that has threads on catfish and bottom dwellers - if you get a chance you should check it out.

I am glad that your fish aren't cold, and Welcome (sorry I didn't say that before). I hope you'll stay around and learn lots of really great stuff from the people here! Lisa

WeezyNino23

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
Yea thanks, my buddy just got a rapheal catfish and its really rad i think i am going to get one also. thanks for everything. it was nice of you to stay around and help me out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store