Axolotl Fun !!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Before I start excuse me if I am in the wrong section I didn't see an amphibian section

I adopted two baby axolotl March 30, 2013 :) a Melanoid and a Leucistic. They are currently in a 10 gallon grow out tank, I am looking for a 20 gallon upgrade ( they will eventually be housed in a 40 long) These are photo's the day after they came home

Natsu ( the Melanoid)

Mudkip ( the Leucistic)

Both in the tank

natsu's little butt

Mudkips favorite place

The little ones ignoring each other

Mudkip is a bit see through at this age

My little melanoid baby

I hope he gets big fluffy gills

4/13
So ... Mudkip has grown a little ...

Food belly

The size difference is scary ... they were not that different in size when I got them ...

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Wow! THEY ARE SO CUTE! I wish I could talk my family into getting some. I am worried about the temps though.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I have already had some trouble with temps but there are people even in Australia who keep Axolotl's so it can certainly be done. Honestly they can be hard at this age making sure they eat and more than anything keeping them from hurting each other.

savi

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
South Carolina
I think I want some, those are so neat. Did you just get yours from someone who breeds them? I don't think the stores where I live sell those so I guess I'd have to look for someone willing to ship me a few.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I got mine on Caudata.org ... This time of year they should be more than willing to ship to you. Just make sure you can keep them cool

val

Oct 18, 2002
Eastern Shore, Maryland
I have already had some trouble with temps but there are people even in Australia who keep Axolotl's so it can certainly be done. Honestly they can be hard at this age making sure they eat and more than anything keeping them from hurting each other.
How do you keep them from hurting each other? Just curious...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store