baby cray

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

azolla

Invertafreak
Feb 26, 2010
Cape Cod, MA
Hi everyone. I have 6 marmokrebs that are about 1 year old. They have berried up several times now but never any babies. Well, yesterday, I was cleaning their tank and I found 1 baby about 1/2 an inch in length. Out of curiosity, I removed all the decorations to see if there were more. Unfortunately, no others were found. Is it normal to only have 1 survivor in multiple batches? Thanks for all your assistance in advance.:dance2:

pam916

AC Members
Oct 19, 2008
fort worth, tx
I believe they normally have more than 1, at least mine do. They are probably eating the babies. Keeping them well fed will probably help. Also provide plenty of hiding places and don't over crowd them.

kimosabe

AC Members
Dec 31, 2009
MA
i bough 3 of them and one of them had babies (i remove the other 2) about 100,
only like 40 survived
then i saw the other 2 berried and i left them both together and there were only 4 survivors

azolla

Invertafreak
Feb 26, 2010
Cape Cod, MA
There are 6 of them in a 55 gallon and there are 9 tubes and caves. There is also a colony of MTS and ramshorn snails. The tank is fed twice a day with sinking shrimp pellets and algae wafers. The tank also gets a 15 gallon water change weekly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store