baby plants?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
I'd found new plant starts before but those were further along by that time. I had new fern shoots growing off a decaying leaf I had dislodged from under some wood. And I've seen a few little plantlets with small leaves emerge from a clump of java moss.

The ones I found now were just two little brown fuzzy bumps on a fresh leaf a week ago.. those developed into short strands like you have.

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Mine have grown pretty fast. They are now ready to come off, which will be really handy for when my new tank comes :D The new tank only has nasty plastic plants so the many baby java ferns that are growning will be a fair old start too my planting of that tank. Just have to hope they stand a good chance of staying there...

How many have you got growing? Every leaf on mine has produced at least one :D yay

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
I find they detach by themselves in time. It's a pain; they clog up my filter intake strainer.

-[AnThOnY]-

AC Members
Jun 12, 2008
New Orleans, LA
there is at least 15 total, a couple of leaves have a bunch of them togeather, but since yesterday i have little green shoots coming out of 2 of them, assuming new leaves :), but cant wait till they get big enough to take off i wanna completely cover this log i got and that will be a start lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store