bala shark

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The alpha fish
Sep 7, 2005
Church Hill, TN
www.patrickcobb.com
So I did some research on bala sharks and everything I read said they were good in community tanks, so now I would like your opinions on them. would they be good in a 140 gal tank with schools of tetras, gourami's and corys? how do they do in a planted tank?
thanks

The alpha fish
Sep 7, 2005
Church Hill, TN
www.patrickcobb.com
would they be okay for a little while until they are too big then give them away and start with something else

bdobosz

Jan 2, 2005
I have 4 around the 6" mark in my 210g with a mix of other fish. They are super active but generally peaceful. If a Tetra swims by turing feeding time they definitly take a look at it as food, but they are still a little big to eat.

The alpha fish
Sep 7, 2005
Church Hill, TN
www.patrickcobb.com
i think i am going to pick 3 up for the tank. i am still trying to decide what else to put in the tank.
I had a idea for going with a gourami tank, i found a pond by my girlfriends house where someone must have released some gourami's and they bread because now there are huge schools of them in the pond. I am thinking of netting a few, they are around 6" long

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
would they be okay for a little while until they are too big then give them away and start with something else
I don't agree with that. If you cannot keep balas long term, then don't get them. I'd rather you should stick to fish that will coexist with the tetras, cories and gouramis on long-term basis. What tetras were you keeping?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store