Bally's 40B

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
An intervention may be needed, I really like those SPS! Luckily I like corals that flow more...at least for now.

Still having trouble with that **** cyano. I did a 10gal water change instead of the normal 5 and that seemed to help, but it's back. I'm going to try two 5 gal changes over the week instead of one big one. Also starting to look I to dump construction.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
I'm assuming you ment sump and not dump? I think dump construction is federally regulated.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I can't win with this tank it seems.... I now have a bryopsis outbreak and came home to the pump on my skimmer grinding and leaking.... Took it to the LFS and they are going to replace the pump and the venturi elbow, it will probably take about a week to get the parts in. They'll give me free water to help keep my levels in check, if needed, while I'm skimmer-less.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA

and my lovely assistant :p

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Looks really, really good! Love the pics of the mandy and the clowns and the trachy looks like it is on its way to a full recovery. Nice job!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Thanks guys! :D

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
In May I'm going to be going out of town, heading to Raleigh to see Audifeesh and all my other friends there. My concern is leaving my tank behind.
I will be gone for at least 10 days, maybe 2 weeks.
I was thinking of this....
employing my brother to do some lite maintence.
1. have buckets of RO/DI water and 1.025 already there and labeled with things that say on (insert date here) add me to the tank and a list of instructions on how to do a water change
2. Make pre-portioned frozen food cubes so all he has to do is thaw them and pour it in
3. Have a bottle of water ready so he doesn't have to take any from the tank to thaw food.
4. Call daily and ask how the fish are doing....

anything I'm forgetting?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store