Bally's 40B

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
They move really cool don't they! Nice fish :). BTW, not sure if I have said this before but I really like the layout of your tank.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Nice blenny. :thm:

They are great fish. Think as far as saltwater fish go they have some of the most interesting personalities. They all seem to have a distinct personality...and never realize how small a fish they really are. :laugh:

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
:) The chihuahua of the fish world :).

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Greech: thanks! I redid a few things, ditched the Tonga rock as my solution to my bryopsis problem. So far it's worked!!

Khemul: he has a huge personality already! He's already told my 6 line that she can't boss him around :p

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Well my fire fish took a leap of faith onto the floor, and it didn't end to well for my little darling. RIP Berry Weiss <3 :'(

My fire fish did that about two months ago :'( I was super aggro.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
My nem is being weird.....go figure.
This was yesterday

This is today

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I wouldn't worry. Nems will shut down from time to time. Assuming no changes in water quality, it was inflated, eating well and the mouth wasn't gaping before that happened, I don't think there is cause for alarm.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
So, it seems that everytime i post on here my issue seems to resolve itself shortly after >.< the nem is opened back up, but still up against the glass. Whateves if it's happy there and not stinging anything I'm not going to mess with it.

My new goby seems to have some issues with his mouth, it's open all the time and his upper lip looks light grey/white. I did some reading and it seems that it can happen if they are wild caught. He is also having some breathing, but I don't have a "normal" to base that against so it quite possibly is nothing. He didn't eat this morning that I saw but did the other day.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
They do breath a little more rapid than many fish. Is he perched in a hole most of the time? Not sure about the upper lip and being wild caught (would be interested in seeing those references) but my guess would be a coral/nem sting. Since they are known to pick at rocks and eat detritus out of algae (many people think they are going for the algae), they will sometimes get a little close and get stung. Hope that's all it is and we don't break your pattern :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store