Bat in house...!! What's the weirdest thing that you had in the house?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
I woke up to a bat circling the room, with a ceiling fan going too! It took me a moment to figure out what all that overhead movement was!

Before we moved into our house, my in-laws lived here. One day my father-in-law heard a noise in the fireplace. He opened the doors and out burst a wood duck. He says a wood duck is a bit big to have flying around in the house! (We put a screen on the chimney!)

wren

tiger oscar

Mr.Bushynose pleco
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Real Name
You will never know
Cool. I don't think I ever had any mammals in my house.:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::eek:mg::eek:mg::jaw::22_yikes::jaw:

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Lets see,

1. A chimney swift came through a crack in the chimney in the attic when Dad was up there inspecting the condition of the house. It tried to land on the bricks in the attic and fell into the insulation. Dad came walking through the house carrying it to get it back outside.

2. My parents started hearing the rocking chair in the supposed unocupied room above them go, followed by sounds of wood knocking together. These sounds continued to be heard for several nights at a slow, even pace each night. One day after I came home from work Mom reported that a flying squirrel was downstairs in the dining room. It moved away from me when I saw it until finally it was in the stand under my fish tank. We made a hole in a box and managed to get it to move into it and closed the hole with a book. It was easy to carry outside that way.

3. Two occasions with bats, the first was a female Red bat with 3 babies. We managed to get pictures and identify it from the pictures we took.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_red_bat

The second was two bats of another kind that was larger. Dad took pictures but identifying them proved to be uncirtain. Both of those were inside, one flew out the door we opened and the other chittered loudly when I finally got it wrapped up in a peice of cloth to take outside.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
4 dozen quails. My dad loves quail so he was raising them in the basement. He accidentally left the cage open and all the quails got out. It took about a week to get them all. They made for a good dinner though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bottomfeeder2

Lancelet
Aug 31, 2008
I was in florida once, and I found a fist-sized Cuban Treefrog in my bathroom. I was so excited. :rofl:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store