Been awhile, tank changes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FinFanatic

AC Members
Feb 26, 2010
Livermore, CA
Hello, it's been a while since I've been on here. My two 90g were in perfect order for several years.

But the death of my Texas left a void in one of my tanks, so after re-arranging, I now have a 90 with three jewel cichlids, a Lake Malawi and a convict (it's a long story).

In the other 90, I have three, mature, 5-plus inch silver dollars.

Would tiger barbs last in either tank? Would a school be tough enough to stand up to africans? Would they be too much for the SDs?

Both tanks look pretty empty right now, so looking to add some motion and to fill out tanks.

If TB aren't an option, what could go in both tanks?

Thoughts?

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
A big school of tigers is pretty impressive in its own right, but could you add more SDs to the other 90g? If not, then maybe a big school of glass cats. As far as the african tank is concerned, maybe some synos or (like you said) add more africans.

Reactions: Rbishop

FinFanatic

AC Members
Feb 26, 2010
Livermore, CA
Yeah, Im thinking of adding a couple more SDs to that tank, as well as some angel fish. the 3 SDs in there now are fully mature, about the size of my hand, so i don't know what kind of affect that would have on new tank mates. their pretty docile and hide a lot, so probably wouldn't bother new fish.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
They would be so much more active with more than just 3 of them. Definitely up the silvers!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store