beginner's blues

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cantrell55

AC Members
Nov 20, 2007
One more quick question - I'm look at the signatures throughout the forums, and seeing lots of tanks with tiger barbs and gouramis?? How are so many people making this combo work?

Ah and could we transfer the tiger barbs (12) to a 10 gallon if they were by themselves? Trying to do some crisis management planning.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
the combo can work ok - the general approach with tiger barbs is to have 10 or 12 or so - this generally keeps them busy with each other, confining aggression within the school. But there's no accounting for individual fish. You may find they settle down as time progresses. Remember, everyone in the tank is just getting used to it and each other.

12 Tigers is way to much in a 10 gallon I think. I would give it some time, and keep up with the testing and water changing.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
if it was very necessary, the two gouramis would do better in the 10g than all the barbs. you'd still have to worry about testing the water and doing water changes for the 10g though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store