beginning stages of...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ciccia

AC Members
Mar 13, 2003
boston
Visit site
What is the beginning stages of ich?

Many white spots? one of two?

I've got a Keyhole (which I love), he got a small grayish white spot on his tail. I'm concerned that this might be the ichster! :(

Thoughts?

ciccia

AC Members
Mar 13, 2003
boston
Visit site
I can try, but they just dont stay still!:mad:

I should add, that one of my angels has had a white spot on his front fin for about 2 weeks now. it looks a liuttle pufffy....?

I will try for the pic.

thank NJ

fish dude

ruler of alll
Jan 6, 2003
Visit site
ich

ich looks lkike salt was sprinkled over your fish:mad: not good

andruboz

Senile Member
Jan 6, 2003
texas
home.satx.rr.com
how about 5 or 6 white dots only on the nose of a chinese algea eater with no other fish showing symptoms? wonder if i should start treating first and analyze later.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Flash? Is that when they glance off the plants in order to rub off the invaders?

(ChilDawg needs a glossary himself!)

Samala

mmm RNA..
Interestingly enough.. I have an Apisto. eunotus female, subdominant, that has these areas on her tail that are white/grey and also seem fuzzy. However, the area is NOT visibly raised from any angle and the spot is NOT round in any way and the borders of the area are not well defined (I thought that was more concise than "fuzzy"). Tank conditions are pristine and everyone's been around for ages now. After much observation I realized that the dominant female of the colony is trying to spawn with the dominant male and she is attacking/biting the tail of my subdominant female in order to get her out of her territory! The spots I'm seeing are actually bite wounds, if you could call them that, and are areas where my female is slowly repairing her fins.

It is entirely possible that your fish have ich, but spend some time observing them for aggression (and flashing, as another suggested). If you see them biting one another near their fins it's possible your case is like mine. Just a thought.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store