Benson's First Saltwater Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
I will retire the 29 gallon as soon as I get the 40B going. With my freshwater tank and the 20L experiment tank this will be more than enough to keep me busy... lol... I'm going to order more BRS dry rock and Dr. Tim's for the 40B. I like how the rock looks better that the live rock I have in the 29. Once the rock in the 20L cycles I will transfer that to the 40B with the new dry rock and then put the rock in the 29 in the 20L. How many of the Rapidled Par 38's would you put on the 40B. I was thinking 3.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
3 would be ideal.. give each one a 12"x12" footprint. Personally, I would start out with 2 and if you feel like you need a 3rd then order that later. LEDs are VERY powerful and deceiving and many others are finally realizing it. When I built my 48LED light for my 75G tons of people told me there was no way that would be enough, I needed at least 60, probably 72.. well.. turns out 48 is WAY overkill. Just in the last week I am now seeing people say that only 24 LEDs are needed on a 60G tank and 48 LEDs are needed for a 120G tank (which I tend to agree with those numbers more after all the testing I have done on them).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store