Best and Fastest way to do water changes in 72 gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JasonR

Spy sappin' mah sentry.
Jan 19, 2008
Petco sells the python sink adapters for like 5 bucks.

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
i have been trying to think of ways to do this easy. I would buy a water pump and do it too, that might be easy, but then, you have to worry about refilling it. 18 gallons is alot of water to move. I just take alook at 5 gallon water jugs and they are huge and then i just picture myself doing 4 trips of that, that is alot of water haha. and then to refill it, yeah, alot of work again and alot of heavy lifting. I was even debatingon doing a little bit of ghetto plumbing in my kitchen since the sink is like 15 feet from the tank, probably less lol

Agent_Scully

AC Oscar Club Member #1
Jul 9, 2008
Georgia
pythons are freakin' awesome. I shall never return to the bucket and sucking on the hose trick.

boobiebutt

AC Members
Jul 5, 2008
Maybe this is a newbie question but what about acclimating the water temperature from the water source to the tank through the python?

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
as simple as doing the old back of the hand test to match temp with hot and cold water... or using an instant thermometer if you wish.

AquariumFish

still playing with wet spots
pythons are freakin' awesome. I shall never return to the bucket and sucking on the hose trick.
:idea: then don't let yourself get floored with the use of a pond pump and 20 foot of hose :headbang2:

that could really amaze you!

Sunday I used the Python to drain 2 of the 90's while washing things down.

then from the RO/DI bin I pulled the hose popped it in one tank grabbed a coffee and sat back just watched ... :headbang2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store