best eel like fish for my tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I would Luke to emphasize the warning about a bichir eating tankmates. I didn't think my bichir would eat some of my small fronts, it ate them, and when I caught him, was going for another. I was very close to throwing him in my freezer. So even if the fish doesn't look like it would fit in its mouth, be cautious.

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
I would Luke to emphasize the warning about a bichir eating tankmates. I didn't think my bichir would eat some of my small fronts, it ate them, and when I caught him, was going for another. I was very close to throwing him in my freezer. So even if the fish doesn't look like it would fit in its mouth, be cautious.
+1 Bichirs are well known for trying to eat their tank mates, some don't, but most do.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Okay, I have never heard of ropes at petsmart, but you never know. If it doesn't look like a snake though, or like any of the pictures I posted, then it's not a rope.
i think i saw ropes at petco though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
do you think it would try to eat a bristlenose pleco congo tetra or clown pleco?

manda321

AC Members
May 15, 2012
Ropes? No the plecos are too big for them to try.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
just came home from petsmart got 2 senegal bichrs and some frozen brine shrimp. i was soooooo tempted to get this juvenile blood parrot but i decided to wait until i have the 75. the senegals will be in a 30 breeder quarentine. im thinking my final stock will be
2-blood parrots
1-kirin parrot
6-congo tetras
2-senegal bichrs. with a canister filters that will turn my tank over 7 times per hour plus whatever filteration comes with the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store