Best food for cichlids?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

reflexhunter

AC Members
May 17, 2010
Start a red worm farm, it's relatively cheap to get a indoor red worm farm set up and you can buy your worms from uncle johns worm farm, use your left over fruits and veggies scraps for food and you are good to go. Just keep it in a cool place in your house, I keep mine under one of my tanks, you will have thousands of worms in no time and the fish will love them.

I also started a meal worm farm in a 5 gal aquarium and like that I can feed them left over flake food, and such. What the worms eat your fish will eat thru them.

reflexhunter

AC Members
May 17, 2010
I never really bought into brand name food comparisons, always thought if The ingredients were acceptable then I was good, so kens food flakes and specialty foods ie golden pearls and decap bbs are a main staple of my fishes diet.

Here a couple months back a member of our local forum was down sizing and gave me 4 quart size containers of nls and hierarchy gold pellets, since feeding these to my fish some of which really devoure it and some don't, my hequi, and similis have both spawned with at least two females each, and my cyps are the most vibrant blue and yellow I have ever seen, even my dominant female is super colorful.

So I am a believer in these two types of foods, kens flakes and pearls will still be a main staple, but I will always have a mixture of these two pellet type foods in my feeding regime.

real

AC Members
May 28, 2012
Greater Sacramento
Real Name
Cyrus Javan
Well I tried the wax worms and boy did they suck it down not even chewing. Just head first. I think they liked it though.

Also how often should I feed. I doing twice a day now but they always beg when I come around.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store