Best Pl*co

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishypoo2

Editor of Tropical Fish Monthly
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Hi,
I think Bristlenosed are the best, they don't grow above 6", easy to breed, easy to care for, common, inexpensive, great algae eaters and compatible with almost any freshwater fish that isn't really aggressive. Thanks,

Botch

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
South Africa
www.dirk.ohgo.com
I second the vote for the gibbiceps - if you have the space.
And everyone should have bristlenoses.

AikidoGuy

Cichlidiot
Jul 3, 2001
Sparta, New Jersey
i once had a L200 green spotted pleco, that thing was beautiful, first time i had ever seen one before so i picked it up i had it for a long time until i moved my my mothers house to my own and it didnt make the move, i was soooooo pissed. still havent found another one yet. (hehe mojo has one in his tank i was going to swipe it but.. )hah j/k mo

qieter

AC Members
Nov 30, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
the green spotted pleco...does it have and orange trim at the fins?? cos i got one with green spots and greenish body and orange trim at the fins for 5 bucks and havent been able to ID it up to now....
this is a pic of it, the 3rd and 4th pics

pics

vic

Hypancistrus-zebra

Mar 17, 2002
UK
www.thefishtank.cjb.net
wow nice fishy :D im afraid your fish isn't L200. Altho there seems to be two plecs, am I right? there is 2 very fuzzy pictures, which look similar to L200 or even a scobiancistrus sp. But Im pritty sure they is not ;)

This is your fish

This is L200 (lemon green plec)

Hopefully some smart pl*c freak can come up with the answer

Cartman

Registered Member
Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
1st- it's Green with some spots and a seam it is L047 most likely, follow link provided: L047

Next issue, what the heck happened here? I'm gone for a couple month's and I lose all my Beautiful stars? In all seriousness the new place looks great. I assume Mo is to thank for this.

Finally the best looking Non-Ultra rare plecos are L134 or L260

Best Rare...well that's easy

Hey Mo I like the new format, drop me a line when you get some time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store