Best Sand Dwellers/Sifter for Freshwater Aquariums

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

williamgale

AC Members
Feb 20, 2007
Elyria, Ohio
at this stage in his life it is a very natural (although captive) environment. He is a yr old and he is just now been converted to brackish for about a month. it will be a little while longer before i convert him to marine. Im using info picked up online and simply watching him. when he gets alittle less "hungry" i up the sal. he is in a mild brackish set up and the conversion from fw to sw can take up to two yrs or so. most eels dont just speed down the river, thru the brackish mix and to the sea in a few days or months. although to each their own. I have noticed ppl trying to convert them to a different water sal so fast that that is what stressing these beautiful/monsterish little guys out the most. a slower conversion is much healthier and safer in my experiences with the guys.

I maybe wrong with my "knowledge" but hes thriving now so I must be doing something right...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store