Best sand for cories, khulis?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiveMermaid07

Bloody Mary. As in, hand me one.
Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
American Countryside Patio and Paving BASE'
the other brand they actually have listed says:

Provides a firm foundation

does this mean it compacts easily?
(aaaaagggh!)

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
Oil dri or turface are cheap substrate choices. I'm not sure what the fuss over getting a smooth substrate is, the wild corys aren't restricted to special smooth areas for bottom feeders.

The barbel erosion issues I've seen look more like a bacterial issue than anything

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
I tried play sand last year, it compacts to much for me, I stir (seemingly) all the time, but now I'm having serious problems.

I luv the kitties in your pic! :)
Thank you! They look sweet but they are little monsters underneath those blue eyes and innocent looks. They were rescues from Baja California when they were 7 weeks old. >^..^<

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
I'm not sure what the fuss over getting a smooth substrate is, the wild corys aren't restricted to special smooth areas for bottom feeders.
I'm more thinking about the khulis, they are always diving in and out of the substrate, I don't want them to get scratched up.

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
Thank you! They look sweet but they are little monsters underneath those blue eyes and innocent looks. >^..^<
Aren't they all? LOL

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
I was FINALLY able to get some pfs!

I got most done, but the newer filter (aquaclear) won't start, argh! and one of the otos got really stressed out and didn't make it. :cry:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store