Best way to scrub glass without scratching?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JohnSmith

Registered Member
Oct 4, 2008
Here is what a sponge did, Good thing I noticed it early and stopped.

mag-floats: I saw the ones that dont float but sink upright so you can pick it back up without geting wet. Thats what petsmart carries. those any good??
If a sponge did that, I would say that is a plastic tank ...

Regards,
JS

aquaholic

AC Members
Jan 4, 2004
WA
Visit site
no just like I said I was trying a plain soft aquarium sponge and it wouldnt take anything off, so I grabbed a little ruffer sponge and when I got it wet it wasn't rough at all, but it messed up my glass(still belive its glass) Just think it might have had some sand or dust particles on it that did that scratching:( I ordered some magnets and algea scrappers so I think I should be fine:) I just thought maybe there is something else out there that I dont know of.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
glass is pretty hard ,a sponge should not do this to glass.
could this possibly be residue left behind by the sponge?
have you tried a razor blade on this to see if you can feel the scratch?

aquaholic

AC Members
Jan 4, 2004
WA
Visit site
My magnets came in today and the side that goes into the tank is just a velcro , do I need to find velcro pads to attach or do I just use it as is with the velcro cleaning the glass??

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
tbh, i went out and bought the blu shop towels from autozone as they dont deteriorate in water and they work great. The best results will come from you using your hands.

kog

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
NZ
My magnets came in today and the side that goes into the tank is just a velcro , do I need to find velcro pads to attach or do I just use it as is with the velcro cleaning the glass??
hmm it should have been soft like felt, maybe you have to attatch your own.
dont use the velcro as is.

i also used paper towels :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store