Betta / Aquarium question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WhisperedLitany

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
I've been thinking alot about what some of you have been saying, and i was concidering trying to get a hold of a halfmoon male on aquabid for this 5 gallon tank. The problem is, i think this filter is way too strong for a betta fish to be in. Should i get a weaker filter or should the betta eventually get use to the currents from the filter? What should i do to prevent the fish from getting sucked into the filter in the mean time?

Heres a pic of the tank before i put other fish in it.

IMG_2539.JPG IMG_2551.JPG

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
A Betta by himself would be perfect for that tank. If you are worried about the intake of the filter just put a filter media bag over it. Bettas don't like a lot of flow, their long flowy fins and stuff, so it MAY be ok. What's the filter rated for?

Winterose

AngelFish Lover
Sep 6, 2008
Conneticut
www.kaligh.com
whats the rating on the filter. how many gallons is it for. if its for a 5g tank then its most likely fine. if your worried about him getting sucked in throw a sponge over the intake until he gets use to the current. I've read that betas like currents though

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
My betta got used to the mild current and I personally feel that the exercise is good for him.

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
If it's the one rated for the five gal, you should be fine.

evelyn80

Guru at procrastinating
Aug 10, 2008
in your house!!
my crowntail betta loves the filters intakes he just goes and lets it suck him over and he hangs there for awhile then goes and gets pushed by the return(out)take. i wouldnt worry about and nice tank by the way and a halfmoon beta would look awesome in there!

b.greene

AC Members
Jan 30, 2008
Northern Michigan
Beautiful tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store