Betta fry pics!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishVixen

DIY Addict
Jun 30, 2010
Richmond Va
Is it the lighting in that last pic or are some of them starting to color up?

santiago

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Casselberry, Florida
Some are darker than other ones, but I guess they are starting to color up a little, haha thanks for pointing that out :). I didn't use flash or anything so I dont think it was the lighting.

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
awww theyz so cute! =] Big little eyes lol

santiago

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Casselberry, Florida
awww theyz so cute! =] Big little eyes lol
haha yup ;), I'm probably going to start doing 20-50% water changes as soon as they get a little bigger. For now Im just starting to add 1 gallon of water to the tank everyday until its full, and than I will do water changes. It helps them grow faster.

santiago

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Casselberry, Florida
did you start feeding baby brine shrimp from day 1? Is that your only food source? Just wondering since I'm going to breed my bettas again late next month.
Nope, I used a hard boiled eggs yolk by mixing it with the tanks water before I fed it to them, and I made sure it was like in liquid form with no big chunks. And no you dont feed the fry until they are about 3-4 days old, because they are still feeding on their yolk sac when they are that young. And at day 5 I started feeding bbs twice a day and after 2 weeks started feeding them 3 times a day and now week 3, I feed them 4 times a day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store