Betta Lost Scales (Pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hairechest

AC Members
Dec 4, 2008
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Wes
Your Betta carries the marble gene due to the butterfly coloring. That gene actually can cause a color change at any time in your fish's life. It can sometimes happen over night or start in a small area and eventually migrate to change the whole body. Just watch it. You have an incredible fish!

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
maybe he shoved his head in between those rocks,got stuck,and had to wiggle his way out.mine did that once and got his fins torn,so i removed the rocks.with yours you may just have to push the rocks apart a bit so he cannot get sandwiched in betwwen them,oh and may i just add this:YOUR BETTA IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sevast0

AC Members
Jul 11, 2009
New Jersey
Lol, thanks for all the nice comments about him! I saw him at petco one night and had no money with me. I begged my friend to buy it for me and I'll pay her back the next day, but she wouldnt. So I had to go home, get money and come back first thing the next morning!

As for how he is, he's starting to look better. Half of his face is starting to heal, and the other half, which seemed more damaged, is still the same. But I'm doing wate changes to keep his water as clean as possibl, and he's starting to look better. Thanks guys!

I still think it was the snail... But in any case, I moved the rocks apart so he can swim through. I know how bettas like to swim through small places.

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
the snail?,ohhh he may have jaamed his head up the shell,ok,it could have been.....
keep up the wcs if he is already starting to heal then that may be the ticket.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
scales grow back. i had some scales fall off my mollies and on one occation i had nocked some off. they grew back in a day or to.

avanc

Aialik..cutest otter in Oregon!!
Nov 7, 2008
gettin' hot
LOL mine did the exact same thing when I put a snail in his tank....he kept trying to bite at him and tore his face up just like that, just keep up the water changes and he'll be gorgeous again.....well he still is even with the messed up scales:grinyes:

brittanyd0203

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
Vienna, WV
I'm not too sure about his loss of scales. It could be that something spooked him and he ran into something and scraped his head. He is absolutely gorgeous by the way!

momojojo43oh

Registered Member
Jan 12, 2012
Betta - Loss of scales

Hey guys,

Saw all the feedback and needed some help also! I also have a Betta that has injured himself...but he actually got stuck in a similar type of pot as Sevast0's (I know this because I had to help him get out off the hole). Now, he isn't swimming much and seems to be breathing very quickly. The most unfortunate part of all this is that he doesn't have a big tank nor is there a filter/heater/light. Any suggestions to what I can do to help the little guy out? Please...

Sevast0- I'm on the ban-wagon, your Betta is awesome!!!!

Steve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store