Betta Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brookelyn

AC Members
Mar 18, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
It might be best to leave the betta in the two gallon (which isn't cycled to begin with) until the five gallon is cycled.

jacblades, I do believe apache1375 meant scrubbing the ornament with a tooth brush, not all of the gravel. ;)

apache1375

AC Members
May 23, 2004
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Visit site
Yea its the ornament I scrub with a toothbrush not all the gravel. I will leave him in the 2 gallon until the 5 gallon is ready. I have also removed most of the gravel and the ornament. He seems to like it better, because he is swimming around alot more and is more active now.

kikuchiyo

Shogun
May 9, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
Yeah, you'll get a lot of bad advice, especially from the pet store, that bettas "like small containers" and garbage and hoo haa like that. As you can see, that's so bogus! Bettas are little busy bodies and they enjoy having a good swim around. They're lazy bums too, and enjoy resting on a plant or on equipment, but its a joy to see them in warm water, active and happy.

kikuchiyo

Shogun
May 9, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
Don't leave it up all the time, but for 30 minutes to an hour a day, it'll keep him busy and jealous enough to work on a bubblenest. I was just about to put a compact mirror up to Toshiro's tank.

Without some "fight" male bettas sometimes get lethargic. A mirror is a good way to keep them active.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store