Betta with guppies and ADFs... biting?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Trash Cat

Registered Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hello! I'm new here. I made a profile to ask a question. I have a betta in a 10G tank with 2 ADFS and a couple feeder guppies (nothing special... given to me by my science teacher bc her tank was getting crowded).
My betta is extremely active and a very healthy looking boy except his fins... but it doesn't look like fin rot at all. It looks like the guppies have been taking chunks out of his fins.
Some of the males have been chasing him around so I had them rehomed. My friend also keeps an aquarium and had room for the few I had.
I mostly care about my betta and my frogs, and could do with rehoming the rest of my guppies. I've already added salt to the water for precaution's sake, but should I rehome the guppies?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Yes. Guppies and bettas are not a great combination, as they do tend to target the long fins of the betta.

Trash Cat

Registered Member
Sep 10, 2017
That's what I thought. I removed them and now his fins are already growing back. SO glad it isn't fin rot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store