Betta with lose of activity level and molly fry with not ICH

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Hi all! I've noticed that my betta has lost some of his activity level. He lays on bottom without slightest movement. My temp is fine I suppose, but I will make it a bit higher and remove some of the water as it seems that the current heater I have is unstable, doesn't heat from time to time, that is why I'll be lowering water level as this should help the heater work, I think my thermometer is wrong as the tank glass is freezing, not like it was still warm yesterday...
I think temp might be lower than I think. I've noticed that when temp is lower for mollies, they will get white spots and clamped fins, but it's definently not ICH.
I also noticed with the lose of activity is that my betta is not often greeting me and dancing to me like he should.
I did notice the heater not working today, it's not heating.
There has been a situation that I have put in more water and the heater wasn't heating at all and temperature has gone down drastically and then his activity has stopped, whenever his going through things, he stops moving his all fins at all!

Could someone help please? I'm really worried about this little guy :(
Should I do water change? Clean gravel? What should I do? Add aquarium salt?

F6E68E09-E7AB-4069-89EE-A1EF50816C04.jpeg

He's swimming around now like new. For now.. then he'll stop again, and the white not ICH spots on molly fry?
29EA2559-7DCB-480E-8EBB-242F162A2756.jpeg

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Looks like a bacterial infection on the fry.
Are you talking about the big white pot on the betta?

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Id turn the temp up.
Bettas can do through phases. Maybe he's just lazy.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Sorry you are having problems. :(

The temperature of the tank may be one of the issues for the betta. Do you know what the temperature is right now?

Can you test the water parameters for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH? If not, I recommend buying the API Master Test Kit or a similar brand in the U.K..

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Thanks!! Nitrates seem a little high to me, a water change should bring them lower. Have you tested your tap water for nitrates?

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Since your tap nitrate is 10-15ppm I think your tank is OK at 20-25ppm. I like to suggest 25% water changes weekly to keep nitrate low and remove contaminants that we can't test for. Fresh water is usually enjoyed by the fish anyway.

Your pic showed up and the temp appears to be around 82F. As long as you are in the green section you should be OK.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store