Betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

~Kswords~

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
USA
I wouldn't attempt it. Their tales are quite fancy which could cause the fish to be even more interested in them.

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Depends on the temperament of the RTS, but probably not a good mix, as a 20 long doesn't give the betta much room to hide if the RTS gets aggressive.

Do you already have the RTS or betta, and are trying to find suitable tankmates?

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
seems like the 20g long would be too small for the RTS anyway. not a matter of how big they get, but how much they move around.

david13latham

AC Members
Jan 8, 2008
Hmm.... kinda varying answers. To fill you guys in I got a 20 long that has no fish, just some small snails, and a lot of plants and driftwood. I want to put a fish in and those are my 2 favorite other than a pleco. I am just tossing ideas around really. I don't want many fish just a few larger ones that will be able to live in a 20 long so by large i don't really mean large? haha make any sense. I have other tanks that I can move them into if they get to large but would rather have one or 2 inhabitants in the 20gallon long just to help the plants out that are not too boring or unattractive. Suggestions would be great.

lilim10

AC Members
Aug 7, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
June
RTS will get too big for a 20 gallon. Maybe a gourami? However, gouramis are NOT compatible with bettas, so keep that in mind.

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
If you're just looking to provide movement in a planted tank, maybe go with 3 or so giant danios and a handful of cories. The giant danios are always moving (as long as the tank isn't overgrown with plants) and are a somewhat attractive, hardy fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store