Big Al got a makeover?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
It usually takes 1.5-2 weeks to actually get the shipment from the time I order it. Of course I live in the los angeles area and they ship from NY using the dreaded UPS ground.. Its where you live that matters the time.

bayoupr

AC Members
Oct 13, 2002
Avondale, La.
Visit site
I started ordering from drsfostersmith.com. Don't like the new Big Als and I'm already pissed at them. Ordered a Quiet one 6000 for my pond. The dumb asses sent me a quiet one but for European voltage. Try to plug that into a domestic recept. This is before christmas and I'm still waiting for them to send me the right one in exchange. Besides drsfostersmith ships quicker, less time waiting and the prices are about the same.

Lauren

Say hello to my lilttle friends
Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
Originally posted by BK
i made an order online today and i think that on the new site it is much more difficult to find stuff compared to the old site.
its probably becuase you aren't used to it.

bayoupr

AC Members
Oct 13, 2002
Avondale, La.
Visit site
How long does it take for you to receive what you order from Big Als. Case in point, Ordered supplies from drsfostersmith on 12/31/03 and received on 1/7/04. Big Als does not even come close. Granted some things are cheaper, but I like the faster deleivery and this is regular shipping. When Big Als says 7-10 business days you bank on 10 business days. Besides I'm ordering in USA, da Ilight should go on and say don't ship a product for European voltage. And still waiting for them to change it out after only three weeks? Not good service as far as I'm concearned.

Kanstar

K?nig Geschlecht
Jan 3, 2004
Strongsville, Ohio
Visit site
i get stuff from big als in the days and taht WAS IN CHRISTMAS SEASON!!! case and point, your a retard.

j/k, but i guess i jsut don't have that problem or maybe there shipment place is right by me without me knowing.

bayoupr

AC Members
Oct 13, 2002
Avondale, La.
Visit site
Never had a problem in the past other thenshipping taking a little longer then some places. But this last instant has me real pissed. I call them up when I received it and they told me they would ship another along with a prepaid shipping slipped so I could return the other. I was glad to here this. But then two weeks go by and I called them back. What got me pissed was when they told me that the hold up was they were waiting for the shipping department to put the return slip in the box before it could be shipped. Daaaaa, how long does that take? It must be a really complicated task. So here I sit, still waiting.

BK

AC Members
Apr 29, 2001
WI
members.aol.com
it usually takes me 4-5 buisness days to get stiff if i order by phone and much longer if online. they have messed up enough with my orders but usually come through in the end.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store