Biocube Fan Replacement

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DoN_WoN

Got Betta's?
Oct 16, 2008
South Florida
www.youtube.com
I have already disconnected the outflow fan and it made it a little bit quieter, but now the intake fan is getting very loud. I want to replace them with the Silenx Fans. http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=374 If i order those fans will they just plug into the old plug for the stock fans? or do i have to buy a 3 to 2 pin converter or something like that?

DoN_WoN

Got Betta's?
Oct 16, 2008
South Florida
www.youtube.com
ive heard that people have switched them with the silenx fans or some other quieter fans and it worked fine, the just needed a 3-2 pin converter plug

Cory Keeper

LED Guru of Aquaria Central
Aug 7, 2007
Then it is a DC (Direct Current) fan, I.E. any computer fan would work. Really you don't need any kind of plug or anything, just figure out which of the three wires is your power (1 is negative, one is 12v+ and the other is a sensor). Solder or crimp them together and your set.

wackydan

Fun, not crazy.
Nov 21, 2005
Matthews, NC
Then it's DC 12 volt... Cake! Just need a couple of new 12volt DC fans of the same diameter/size. Given their size, power consumption should be in the same range as the existing fans if not less if you are going with quieter fans.

It is going to be unlikely that you find a conversion plug for the fans... You'll need to cut the old plug ends off the old fans and splice to the new fans. really quite easy and even if you aren't sure how to do it, you probably have a friend or neighbor that does.

Hell, if you lived in Charlotte, I'd do it for you!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I am using the Silenx fans as replacement on my Coralife fixture. Mine are smaller but WOW!! what a difference.

You should not need a 3-pin to 2-pin adapter. The new fan is probably 3-pin and the old was 2-pin. Just plug it in and if it works, you got it right the 1st time. If it doesn't, just move it over to catch the other 2 pins. Just like Cory keeper said, the extra pin is a sensor.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store