Bird

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
All very true! And you're handling it well. It seems so cruel of nature/the universe for this to happen the day before he was due to be released :( But I've had my share of rescue critters, and I know how attached you get even as you try to keep your distance so they stay wild. it's still rough to lose them, and he was adorable. You're right, there could have been something wrong internally before he even fell from the nest, and you did everything you could for him. Hope the next one will have a happy ending!
I'm sad about it, I feel he deserved that freedom and it feels like an injustice that he didn't get that, barely even a little taste. Looking back now I wish I had gave in to the cuddles he wanted, he grew up alone and didn't have others to socialize with, but being a wild one, I couldn't let him get comfortable with human contact.

But yet I feel bad he wasn't shown the love he should have gotten, I worry he passed lonely and alone. It bothers me.

It's the worst part about it. You can't show them affection or such, as cute as they are because it's not good for them to be wild, but then if their time is limited, that love and affection could have been all they gotten.

But, that's the hardest part of raising little ones, you just can't tell how it's going to end. I opened his door for him, before taking him out and burying him. Maybe symbolically helping his spirit be free at least.

Reactions: Adorabelle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store