black moor pellets in gills

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goldfishfanatic

AC Members
Aug 27, 2008
thanks blue, my tank looks so empty,but i suppose a nearly 50 gallon tank was over stocked with 4 fancy goldies and 2 dojos so i cant add anymore :-( just have to hope my remaining 3 fancies grow a bit bigger to fill the space, they are only small at the moment, around 3 inches each.

goldfishfanatic

AC Members
Aug 27, 2008
hmm OH has decided to cheer me up and has come home with 2 new babies, i came in to find 5 little goldies swimming round in my tank, instead of the 3 i had, well ive swapped my weather loaches into the other cold water tank, so now its just the 5 goldies in the 50 gallon, there is 1 red cap oranda, 1 orange and white fantail, and 3 calico fantails,all around 3 inches long. will they be ok if i start to do twice weekly 50% water changes instead of the 1? im hoping to find a bigger tank sooner rather than later but we are in no way able to buy one even 2nd hand for quite some time yet.

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Sure, as long as they are small and you keep up with the water changes, they should be fine. I'd recommend feeding twice a day, and watch how much they eat so you won't overfeed and have food rotting in the tank. You may want to put up a post in the classifieds here and over at MFK explaining your situation. Our members are pretty generous and you may find that someone in your area has an old tank sitting around that they won't mind selling on the cheap. :) Definitely post in the MFK classifieds, as they deal in larger tanks.

goldfishfanatic

AC Members
Aug 27, 2008
thanks for that flaringshutter, i will check it out, i always feed them 1 pellet at a time anyway,and i feed once first thing in the morning and than again late afternoon. i like to make sure they each get how many they want, and once full they just swim off to the other side of the tank and i continue to feed 1 at a time until they have all wandered off. have to convince OH i need a bigger tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store