Black Moor still ill. ID Please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
What test kit are you using? A reading of "0" for nitrates in anything other than a planted tank or a reef always makes me ask this question. As far as meds I would recommend either a sulfa based product such as API Triple Sulfa, or if you have human antibiotics around Bactrim. Very effective and unlike Furan it won't discolor the water. For medicating food Furan is my first choice.

anniejensen

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
I use an API liquid test kit. My tank is planted, though planted sparsely at the moment(I had lighting issues that compromised my plants). I didn't end up changing the water yet... I was thinking that the nitrates being at 0 was weird(though I couldn't remember exactly what it should be at) and I didn't want to go and do a big water change for no reason. I usually do fairly large water changes but since I added a filter, the water has been exceptionally clear and I was think that i would just clean the glass and scoop out 25% or so of the water. It really doesn't look like any vacuuming will be necessary.

What benefit does a sulfa-based medication provide?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store