black shark

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
i went back to the LPS and they wont take fish back. AFTER 48 hours i told him i ask what size they grow wen i was taking the fish and it is a black shark and not a red tail shark .what do i do with a fish like that its only 1.5 in now but how wants some thing that grows that big

Pardon??? They won't take it back?

Umm screw them! How much did you pay for the fish? Is this store a chain?

If you didn't pay much for it swallow the amount take the fish back drop it on their counter, ask them again for your money back or an exchange.

If it is still no tell them where to shove their fish and their uneducated salesman for either
A) not knowing the fish he/she sold you
B) Lying to you to and selling you a fish under false pretenses.

Make sure as you leave that everyone in the store knows how they lied to you.
Then make sure that everyone you know finds out about this load of crap they pulled on you.
Leave the fish there.

If it is a chain find out where the head office is and fire off a very polite but nasty letter telling them how you are going to tell the world about what they did to you, and how you were treated.

Rule of thumb for retailers. You do something nice the customer will tell 5 people. Do something not nice the customer will tell 500 people.

You may want to remind them of that as well.

Just another reason I have grown to hate the whole aquaria industry.

lucy42083

AC Members
Jan 20, 2008
Wappingers Falls, NY
I totally agree with Scotto! Make sure you let them know how they sold it to you under false pretenses, if it is a chain immediately threaten (and follow through) on calling/ writing the corporate office ASAP, and let every other customer in that store know your experience too!! Make it clear that you specifically asked what size it would grow to, and you were told blatantly false information that was WAY off and you would never buy a fish that grew that big, that is why you asked in the first place. And if they absolutely refuse to take it back, drop it on their counter and leave.

anthony byrne

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
i live in dublin ireland and the LPS is the only store with that name that i know .the fish was only cast me 5 euro its not the money i just dont want to flush it

lucy42083

AC Members
Jan 20, 2008
Wappingers Falls, NY
Yeah, I figured the money wasn't so much the issue, that is why I suggested that (after telling them what utter morons they are) you just drop it on their counter and leave. They will probably just end up selling it to someone else who can't house it properly, unfortunately, but I think it's better than flushing...

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
if it's not a corporation that's fine, try to find out the name and contact information of the manager or the owner (if those aren't the same people you have already spoken to) and let them know the situation. just make sure that you stay cool-headed and calm whether writing a letter or giving them a call.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
i live in dublin ireland and the LPS is the only store with that name that i know .the fish was only cast me 5 euro its not the money i just dont want to flush it
We don't recommend flushing fish. It simply promotes animal cruelty.:) Try contacting Coler, another AC member and from Dublin, Ireland. He may be able to help you, Anthony.

Good luck.:)

anthony byrne

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
i will go back on wensday if they still wont take it back i will pop him in the planted tank they have on my way out ha ha

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Hey anthony,

Sorry you got burned; you can try a post on here www.irishtropicalfishkeepers.com and there may be someone who can take it off your hands, but they're not very popular fish, for the very reason which you've discovered...tankbusters.

If it was me I would bag the fish and bring back to the store, and be extremely insistent that they take him back; explain that you were misinformed by the seller as to how big it would get. Tell them they either take the fish back or you will go to the DSPCA :) I suspect that if you turn up with the fish in the bag they will take it back in (of course, this is no guarantee as to how the poor fishy will end up, but it would be worse for you to be foisted with responsibility for him.

I can probably guess which shop you bought from if you bought in Dublin (Dublin is small folks)...if you are looking for reccomendations for where to go next time feel free to pm me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store