black smudges on my fishs tail

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
That's what the water changes are for. If they're complete water changes, then he wouldn't need filtration necessarily. I do not recommend this approach, but I would recommend it over the 1g approach for Tiger. However, eventually, yes, he would need filtration and the larger tank would presumedly have that.

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
um, wud i B able 2 put the 1gal. filtration system in the bucket?

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
i personally think i'd b able 2....

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'd have to know the length of the intake, the height of the unfilled portion of the bucket, and the filter type to know for sure, but I believe you.

Just remember that some of the bucket has to be left unfilled or else Tiger will jump.

GoLdFiSh_GrL

Aquarius
Aug 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.xanga.com
he'll JUMP?! woah... ok then... its the oxygen level or sumthin lyk that, ryt?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Fish just jump sometimes. Even pond experts like Stephen Meyer (Aquarium Fish Magazine author) have had jumpers from absolutely wonderful holding tanks.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I should clarify. He might jump either way, but his jumping would be out of the bucket if he doesn't have enough room to stay safely within...Also, a cover might help.

aznknight

AC Members
Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
wow..........ppl finally replied! hehe...............well chidawg.........i have 4 small goldfish in a 10 gallon now..........which is just temp.......cause i got them 40 gallon..........which is cyclin now.........all my fish appear to be healthy......except for the one i describe with the black smudges on his tail fin............they fish had gone thru ich before.....and recovered and now.......is left with black marks......all over its tail and on its mouth so i assume they r ammonia burns.........i change 30 to 40% of the water each week.........and the PH and Ammmonia levels r safe.........so.......u have any idea how i can help the fish heal a bit faster?? not much info around on black smudges

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store