Black water and peat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Many of us kept goldfish in one of those bowls, and they lived for several years. That was luck, which is apparently your system. But most of us have learned that this is not good enough. Perhaps the reason I didn't answer your question is because you have no idea what you are asking.

Aside from that, yes, perhaps I should leave this forum. Even after more than 20 years in this hobby in a serious way, I still manage to learn more. I'm sorry there are those who do not share this approach and have no interest in learning and becoming better aquarists. I still do, but it obviously will have to be elsewhere.

Adios.
Wow. Thin skinned at all? I know exactly what I was asking. And low and behold, got the answer I was looking for. I'm curious how much experience you have with actually keeping fish, rather than repeating what you read somewhere?

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Byron is perhaps the smartest person here......fish or none. Please be nice to one another :)

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Not to be a jerk but...... Sometimes I do things out of curiosity that others feel is a necessity. Some people are more stringent on things like water tests, others like yourself, don't do them as often or at all. True to properly care for fish, some level of science is involved. Especially when trying to alter things like PH you can really hurt your fish if your not careful. That some people go to the extreme, and others are more relaxed is just part of any hobby. We need to remember we are all here to have fun and to learn. There is much room for misinterpretation on the internet, so let's all try to get along. I'm glad you found an answer, but as you said, now you are looking for that test kit anyways :D

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
Not to be a jerk but...... Sometimes I do things out of curiosity that others feel is a necessity. Some people are more stringent on things like water tests, others like yourself, don't do them as often or at all. True to properly care for fish, some level of science is involved. Especially when trying to alter things like PH you can really hurt your fish if your not careful. That some people go to the extreme, and others are more relaxed is just part of any hobby. We need to remember we are all here to have fun and to learn. There is much room for misinterpretation on the internet, so let's all try to get along. I'm glad you found an answer, but as you said, now you are looking for that test kit anyways :D
MGdisowned.jpg

MGdisowned.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store