Blue Channel Cats

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by snakeskinner
what kind of cat is that? .... Kyle
I'm not sure, my brother sent me the pic. He didn't mention what kind of catfish..

dethjam316

AC Members
Apr 6, 2003
south of nowhere, north of nothing
Originally posted by Bigdan
Without even mentioning the overcrowding in that tank, that AC 150 isn't big enough to filter that tank. That's a filter that would be good for a 10 gal and no more than that.

An AC 300 would be the least for a 29 gal.
well, your first statement is true, but i disagree with that second statement. an AC150 on a 10g tank would equal 15g/hr turnover. if you have strong, aggressive fish, or ones that require excessive current, it would work, but otherwise, i think it's a bit much...an AC 300 would be a little more than 10g/hr, which is probably optimal.

in any event, channel cats get way too large for even a sixfoot tank, and i'm not positive, but i would think they get antisocial as they mature. most species of largish catfish tend to school/schoal as juveniles, but aggressive towards conspecifics as they age. so adding more catfish that already get too big wasn't a good idea, basically. i suggest you take them back, as well. a 75/120 would not accomdate them. plus, they'll eat ANYTHING you keep with them.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store