.....? Blue Gourami sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

2Tanks4Ever

AC Members
Apr 25, 2017
Well, my luck on my 55 gallon aquarium must be the worst! 2 weeks after my Danios (to test the water quality, it was good) died of some disease, I'm confronted with another problem. My Gourami...

She happens to have contracted some swim bladder disorder. Normally, I would research this, and I did. WHY IS IT SO COMPLICATED?!?!?!?! There are like 7 different diagnosis's, and I have no clue which one it is. I know nothing of the technology required to upload a photo (instruction needed), so I think I can give you a detailed description of her, her tank (she is currently alone), and what is going wrong with her.

So one morning I wake up, and she is abnormally towards the top. At this point she appears and acts totally normal, save the floating (just a little). She eats well, and I don't flag it. The floating problem has seemed to be constantly increasing as the days go by, until it seems like she is stuck to the surface of the water. The thing that completely perplexes me is her behavior. it's been five days and she eats, stays upright, and doesn't freak out (not because she is exhausted, either). I have to think it can't be a infections, because her behavior. To mention, the water parameters: low nitrates, no nitrites, no ammonia. the tank just cycled 4 weeks ago, so it's not some lingering problem. I just have no idea! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store