Blue Hippo Tang NOT EATING!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Darrynp

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Grimsby Ontario Cananda
Im surprised to. Everything is living very well togeather. clown's and nem's are hosting. No fish are fighting. It seems that all of the nem's have founs their own places in the tank and they all seem to be happy. I do not have another tank set up for QT at this time. The BT never had any problems with any of the other fish to , ever since day one. My other 2 tangs you would almost think were concerned about the health of the BT. I know that sounds crazy but i witnessed the Sailfin tang trying to push the BT up to the romaine.

What is garlic extreme ?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Kent puts out the one I use:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1

A QT tank is really bare bones, I don't even keep mine up and running when not in use.

tank
heater
filter or air pump
few pieces of PVC for the fish to hide in (I use a large piece of sewer sized pvc for my tang..it cost all of .87 cents)
powerhead would be nice but if the filter is strong enough you won't need it

I keep filter media in my sump for when I need to use the QT to help the cycle but you can deal with it not being cycled by doing frequent WCs. You've been very lucky not to have to deal with ich or other parasites without QTing first.

vorlx

yadda yadda
Aug 30, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
I feed my tang Nori Seaweed, Formula 2 Flake Food, and it readily eats all of the meaty foods. From everything I have read the romain lettuce isn't very good for it and that the Seaweed type veggies are a much better choice. How long has it been like this? What did it used to eat? It's possible it is just not getting the proper nutrient supplements.

Darrynp

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Grimsby Ontario Cananda
I also have a cleaner wrasse . I heard that they help in times of parasite and ich break outs. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2822&l=4766f&id=517394630 here a little album i made up on yes facebook so you can see what the tank looks like now.

Hey grin thank alot for all your input. I know i will be asking you more questions as i frequent this board more and more now

Let me know what ya think.. I have to still add more pics to the album

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I don't believe that any of the cleaner fish will actually eat the ich parasite...it gets under the flesh and then a cyst will burst and the trophants go down to the substrate and the cycle starts again. Cleaner wrasses often don't fare well in home aquaria, congrats to you if you have kept your's healthy, it isn't common and you have to be doing something right huh?

Welcome to the forums here, you can upload the photos to here or even Photobucket and then post them here so that people without facebook accounts can view them if you want.

Darrynp

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Grimsby Ontario Cananda
My Blue Tang was dead this morning when i woke up. Thats too bad.

The link for the pic's on facebook are for the public. You dont need a profile view them. do me a favour and click the like and let me know if you do. If you do then i will upload to Photobucket

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store