FS Blue Ramshorns for Sale Shipped or NJ Pick-UP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

chibikaie

AC Members
Nov 19, 2011
New England, USA
Hi there, just wanted to say that your snails look lovely and I'm interested in getting some in the spring. I have a small duckweed sump that I think would work. Do you have suggestions for how to make it more snail-friendly? It has nothing but duckweed, a few sponges, and a PVC pipe at the moment. Water: pH 7.5, temp 65 F (will probably go up to 76 F but no higher in summer), hardness - argh. My tap water has zero KH and 0-30 GH; I've used cuttlebone pieces and a little sodium bicarbonate to get those up to 80 and 60 respectively. Will this be okay for the snails, or is my soft water going to be a problem?

Vince G.

AC Members
Dec 27, 2010
Roselle Park, NJ
I think that it will be fine as long as you can keep your KH and GH there. I also have a small piece of texas holey rock in my snail tank that helps. I use cuttlebone also.

grebarjava

Registered Member
Nov 10, 2011
REf: Blue rams. Hi, I would like to buy at least 5, but 10 would be better, At least pea sizei or near. If you can't fill now, Email me when you can. Any pinks or real red or striped ones ? and also "solid" black, not dark brown. Thanks ,Gerald in Mi..

Vince G.

AC Members
Dec 27, 2010
Roselle Park, NJ
REf: Blue rams. Hi, I would like to buy at least 5, but 10 would be better, At least pea sizei or near. If you can't fill now, Email me when you can. Any pinks or real red or striped ones ? and also "solid" black, not dark brown. Thanks ,Gerald in Mi..
I do have 10 available, at least pea size. I may have a couple of pinks left that I missed when I culled the last group of non-blue snails. I should have a few red/blue spotted ones in there also. I can give you a mix of them. Let me know if you are interested

Vince G.

AC Members
Dec 27, 2010
Roselle Park, NJ
The ones you gave me laid about 20 egg sacks >.> lol I will soon have 50 more snails probably lol.
Yeah, they believe in procreation!! If you don't want them, you can just take the egg sacs out before they hatch. The sacs are soft and can be removed with a razor blade in one piece from the glass, or wiped off of the leaf of a plant. Make sure you don't overfeed them, or their population will EXPLODE!!

markus789456

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucester city, NJ
Yeah, they believe in procreation!! If you don't want them, you can just take the egg sacs out before they hatch. The sacs are soft and can be removed with a razor blade in one piece from the glass, or wiped off of the leaf of a plant. Make sure you don't overfeed them, or their population will EXPLODE!!
I don't feed them much my fish just make a mess with food lol, also it's fine if they explode because the High School is probably going to take a bunch once their tanks are ready
for use with the Environmental studies class

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store