Blue's Ecoxotic Cube

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Not for a little while still :(

I'm broke.

Plus my orange clown died (never really ate) and I just got a nw one to replace it. I don't like to add fish too close together.

Here's a picture of the new clown. He's very active and eating well
View attachment 191402
Those are some sweet patterns on that clown. What did they call it?

My lfs has some sweet orange and black clowns that I wish I would have bought.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Agreed, interesting/great looking clown! Has the puzzle piece makings of a Picasso with the helmet straps of a Wyoming White or Snowcasso. Particularly like the white tear drop mark under the eye. Sorry you lost your other clown :(. Good that you space out your fish additions.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
A small update on the tank:

My heater basically fell apart so I pulled it from the tank and put in a back up heater until I could get a new one. Well the back I always used on my 10 gallon sick tank so I figured it would be ok in the 25 for the time being. I was wrong. In a few days my temperature dropped to 70 degrees and was there for 2 days until I caught it. I put in a different heater and slowly brought it back up to 78. This is when the trouble started. The nest morning my plate was covered in brown slime. Fearing brown jelly disease, I dipped it and moved it to a separate tank where it died. Soon after I lost a ric to the same fate. Another ric has had slime on it every morning but I've been able to save it by blowing the slime off of it with a turkey baster. So far it's doing ok but I may still loose it.

Nothing else seems to be affected. I few zoas have been closed up for a few days but show no signs of melting. My SPS have all browned except my pink Pocillopora. They all have their polyps out though and look fine otherwise. Parameters have been steady as well. Hopefully the worst of the damage is over.

The moral of the story, don't use aqueon heaters, they are badly made. It was still working but all the plastis bits fell apart and I didn't feel safe using it. Back to jager/visi-therm for me.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sorry to hear but glad you caught it. I use 2 small Aqueon heaters in my tank. May need to check them out. Are you sure the plate and rics weren't just expelling waste or zooxanthellae? Did flesh come off the plate?

BTW, great pic of the clowns!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Bummer, sorry again but glad to hear everything else seems to be ok. Definitely gonna pull my heaters. How old was yours before it fell apart?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store