BN SEX?+ CONDITIONING

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juzah

AC Members
Feb 13, 2009
Right heres the pic you requested!! i tried waitin for it to go on the glass but its been so shy lately i aint had much luck. so i had to settle for getting the mystery plec into a tupaware and photo it from the top.
I tried looking at its belly but where its so dark and even with lightin underneath it, i couldnt see the dark bits you mentioned - though i have seen them before when they're on the glass so its a matter of wait and see...

Though maybe you could make a prediciton with this pic.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I predict if you can get me a photo of them side-by-side so i can compare their shapes.....I'd have a good shot at predicting for you. If you can net them both and put them in a glass bowl or dish....like a brownie pan filled with their tank water and just try to shoo them together and snap their picture (I make it sound easy don't I). That picture you posted just isn't very clear and I have nothing to compare it to. Sorry.....:(

Juzah

AC Members
Feb 13, 2009
No worries : )
I will do me best to get the pic tonight, will upload shortly!!

Juzah

AC Members
Feb 13, 2009

Ok so the top most one is the one in question.

And here its the one on the left

ON the right

And on the right once more!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
She looks like a girl to me! I've never had a female with little bristles but I know some of the females do get them. I see the differences in yours that I would look for when I was breeding brown ones and selling the young offspring.......Looking from the top down the males mouth is narrower and more tapered, where her's is rounded. The females have a thicker midsection, the male's midsection is narrower and tapered.

I have circled where I see the differences. In the second picture I've reattached, take a look at the spot on the male's head that I've circled in red. While it is difficult to see in browns, that spot should look darker on the head than the female. Sometimes it doesn't darken much until the male reaches full maturity and is ready to breed.

2r7ochd.jpg a0kzli.jpg

Juzah

AC Members
Feb 13, 2009
Ah Awesome!! Thanks a lot :D

Will not give up on trying to set up a romantic scene for them then lol

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Ah Awesome!! Thanks a lot :D

Will not give up on trying to set up a romantic scene for them then lol
romantic scene?? :rofl:

all I ever do is give them good food, clean water and a cave.

:rofl:

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Keep their water clean, and give them several feedings of zucchini every week. And although they don't absolutely need a cave....it's much more romantic!!

Juzah

AC Members
Feb 13, 2009
lol rightio :Dthey do have two caves at the moment, but i will be making them a more traditional cave as well when i can get to a diy store, slate/terracotta/pipe.
Gotta buy some zuch, i been using cucumber

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
Well good news, my male has dissappeared 3 days now, seen a flicker of a tail in the cave.. Hes in there alright. Female is out and feeding and male will not leave the cave, even for his favourite munch, green garden peas..Female looks half as fat now, she has dropped her eggs.... 2 more days and i will investigate

Heres hoping...........

Thanks again to everyone for their help...u lot are legends

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store