Bolivian Rams with Angelfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Casey0421

AC Members
Apr 15, 2016
Hello, I have a 20H tank with one medium sized angelfish and one BN pleco. That's all that's in there, and I would love to add one or two more fish to make it a bit more lively. I was thinking maybe a pair of Bolivian Rams? I thought that they would do great in there, but I remembered that the one angelfish has had aggression problems in the past, mostly with other angelfish (i don't know if that matters). Considering that he has been alone (besides the pleco) in the tank for about a month now, is he going to be too territorial for the rams? I would really like to have no aggression in the tank so if anyone has any experience with these fish, please tell.

If the Bolivian Rams would be a problem, what other kinds of fish would you guys suggest. I am really open to any suggestions, but nice sized, colorful fish are preferable. I would really love the rams, but if they are going to be a problem, of course I wouldn't get them. Once again, any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Casey

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I wouldn't recommend mixing the two in that size tank. If your tank were bigger I think you would be ok though. That angelfish will also get too big for a 20H IMO. I think your best option would be to add a school of small tetras

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
IMO, Bolivian rams and angels will get along, but not in a 20gal tank. You will need at lease a 55gal for them to be happy together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store