Bottom fish for a 10 gallon?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
LOL no ... My nightstand is 24 inches long and I dont want to risk the overhang or I would be buying a 20 long ... Unless you think 3 inches overhang on each side is actually a good idea.

Meh ... I may just go with my original idea ... My boy is very gentle.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
If you can swing it, a 20 long will be better for what you're wanting. Same volume of water, but a much bigger footprint, so much more bottom dweller and active fish friendly. Rasboras like harlequins and their kin enjoy straight line swimming, it seems.
Sorry. I meant same volume as a 20 high, and just assumed everyone was reading my mind.
a gallon is a measure of liquid volume. thus a 20 gallon tank has twice the volume of a 10 gallon tank. dimensions don't matter as long as they add up to the right volume(s).

i vote for RCS. they're hardy and breed in fresh water.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
RCS are not available here.

I am thinking some ghosts, the snails and the betta
RCS are available everywhere, you just may have to mail order. They're common, they usually ship well (barring weather or packaging issues), and are inexpensive. Granted, they're more expensive than feeder shrimp, but I just got some delivered to me yesterday.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Everywhere I can find to order them shipping is about $16 because of water weight ... I wish I could find someone to ship them to me flat rate or a breeder

But I like ghost shrimp ....

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I can't ... I already have this tank and the main goal is to upgrade my Betta. I already have one tank to buy ...

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I wont buy a 20 long for my Beta ... I dont know how that even came up ... I am looking for stocking for a 10 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store