Bottom Sitting Black Moor? Is he okay?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
Thumbs up on the betta love. :) We'll want to see pictures of your crowntail as soon as fishie is all settled in.

Platytudes, that hanging bowl is truly a horror.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I'm sorry to say my coworker had one :( I always dreamed of taking the betta home, tipping it over and being like "Oh no, what happened?!" the next morning ;) Thankfully, she got another job within the first couple of months of getting hired.

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
I'm sorry to say my coworker had one :( I always dreamed of taking the betta home, tipping it over and being like "Oh no, what happened?!" the next morning ;)
You have a kind nature and devious mind. Would have wanted to do the exact same.

Worst I ever saw was a betta that had lived for god knows how long in an 8 oz. juice glass filled with water so black you couldn't see there was a fish in there. The owner said, "Oh, that's how they live." I didn't know anything about bettas at the time and wondered why in the world would anyone want such a nasty fish. Fast forward a few years to my very first visit here in AC. That long-unanswered question popped into my head, so I went to the Anabantoids forum and found myself enthralled by the photos and stories. Now it's three months later, and I have three females, ha-ha!

Apologies for the thread hijack, Amour! Can I blame it on fishy mind control or something?

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Nice story, thanks for sharing! :) Some people are beyond helping, I'm afraid.

I'm sorry too, for the hijack :eek:...best of luck with your new fella, Amour.

Amour

AC Members
Jun 23, 2010
Hehe I don't mind the topic swiping. When I was young I used to keep fish a lot and since I was so ignorant most of them ended up dying. I even had an axolotl that I kept for a few years before giving him away.

But now that I'm older I see how cruel it is to keep a fish in a place they don't belong.

Thanks for all your help guys!

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
When I was young I used to keep fish a lot and since I was so ignorant most of them ended up dying.
You ain't the only one. :(

Making up for it now by being a big know-it-all, lol. At this rate, I'll end up chanting "No bettas in bowls!" and "Cycle your tank!" on street corners and buses.:nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store